Thursday 23 June 2016

Coconut cake topped with a smooth mango sauce

Mango season is drifting away..going going gone....

I am in mood for some gooodddd aam fun before I say Goodbye...

I came across a simple coconut cake recipe from nikoskitchen.com..

Seemed incomplete without a good topping...

Quickly made some mango sauce ( no cook)...n it seemed like bliss,when served with the coconut cake... Mmmm!!!

Well..here goes...
Coconut Cake

 1 cup self raising flour
 1 cup sugar ( I added 3/4 cup)
 1 cup coconut milk
1 egg
1cup grated coconut

Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a greased baking pan(I used an 8 inch pan)
Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 35 mins at 180c or 350f

  
Mango sauce

One big mango,cut into chunks
3 tbsp milk or( cream if you like)
2 tsp or more sugar
1/2 tsp if lemon juice

Blitz all the ingredients together till you see no lumps.
Cool .

Slather on the cooled cake.
Slice n nom nom  ... :)






No comments: