Wednesday 5 February 2014

CHUNDAL[Spicy Chana Munchies]






I am not a Kadala or Chana fan.There is  certain Chana recipe..a special of my mom in law.
Its a favorite with everyone.My little girl who doesnt fancy the taste of pepper ,also loves this dish.

The beauty of the recipe is,that it is super simple.

Ingredients
Black  Chana/Kadala-1 to 1and 1/2 cups soaked and cooked .It has to be perfectly cooked,not too mushy and not too undercooked.It took me 6 whistles and  5 mins on a low flame.

Jeera and pepper coarsly pounded-this is unto you.I like it masaledar so took 2tsps of of pepper and 1 tsp of jeera.

Onions chopped 1/2 cup at least

Chopped coconut 1/2 to 1 cup

jeera-1big pinch

Coriander leaves-chopped

Heat oil in a kadhai and splutter a big pinch of jeera.

Add the chopped onions and  and fry till the onions turn a golden brown.[this is why I wrote at least 1/2 a cup ..i used 1 cup of chopped onions,as I love the taste of fried onions with the chana]Add salt to this.
Now add the coarsly pounded jeera and pepper mixture.
Add the cooked and drained chana.
Mix well.Let the flavors seep into the chana.Keep the flame on a low .Cook till the chana turn dry.Add the chopped coconut and mix well.Before serving ,add the chopped coriander leaves.

Serve as is ..or with chapathi,puri or rice .:)






No comments: