Wednesday 3 April 2013

Roast Chicken..Quick and Easy

We had roast chicken dinner on Monday.Its easy to make,filling,tasty and least messy to clean up after dinner!!!
I had been making roast chicken with a saucy marinade all this while.I chanced upon a dry marinade roast recipe and thought I'd give it a try.
With chicken or any non vegetarian food,for that matter...I can chance a risk of trial...my family will gobble up even cooking disasters!Lucky me :)
Usually,the chicken I use, is skinless. This week,  chicken with skin on was all that was available...well,roast chicken tastes best when the skin is on...so no complaints!
Okay,now the recipe asks for Bisquick. This can be made at home .I shall share the recipe for Bisquick also.
 
The idea of  baking the chicken with a sort of dry-ish marinade,at a high temperature for a shorter time is to get a beautiful crunchy crust,while keeping it soft and juicy inside.
The Bisquick recipe that I have ,asks for a hint of sugar.This gives a beautiful caramalised flavor to the dish.
This was a new flavor for my taste buds,so I am pretty excited about this recipe.

For the BISQUICK,we need

1 and 1/2cups. all purpose flour1tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2tsp. sugar,I used powdered jaggery
2 tsp vegetable oilsalt to taste
Mix all the ingredients and rub to make a crumbly mixture.This is bisquick and can be used in many baking recipes.If you make more than you need to use,keep the rest in your fridge.Can be used to make fluffy pan cakes.,biscuits etc

Roast Chicken

Chicken with skin-1 kg
Bisquick-1 cup approx
Red chilly powder-1 to 2 tsp[depending on how spicy you want it]
Pepper powder-1 tsp
Marinated chicken
Mixed herbs-1/2 tsp[optional]
Butter 1 tbsp
Salt to taste

Method

  1. Preheat the oven at 200deg.
  2. Mix the ingredients except the butter and smear it to coat the chicken well.
  3. Heat the baking pan and put the 1 tbsp of butter in it.
  4. Make sure that the butter is hot when the chicken is placed on the pan.[skin side down]
  5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
  6. Turn over the chicken pieces and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes.
  7. Serve on a bed of baked vegetables  with mashed potato ans garlic bread.



    Yummy crust and soft juicy meat



No comments: