Monday 8 April 2013

Amla Candy[Candied Indian Gooseberry}


AMLA CANDY[recipe from nishamadhulika.com]


Amla[Indian Gooseberry]-1kg

Sugar 700gms  {Thats what the recipe says...but I used 500gms as I did not want the crystallization over the candy.I just wanted it soft n chewy,it would be devoured in a couple of days at my home...so,I did not need it to be stored for a long time.....]




  1. Boil water and put the amlas in it and boil for 2 minutes .cover and keep for another 3 minutes.
  2. Cool and separate the amla like petals .
  3. Put the amla segments in a big bowl and add the sugar over it[no water].Keep covered for 3 days[stir and mix once or twice a day].The result  will be, a divine smelling solution and gorgeous looking amla sitting happy in it .
  4. Drain the amla from the sugar solution and spread on a thali/tray and dry in direct sunlight for 3 days.
  5. Sprinkle bhoora over the amla candy and store in airtight containers.
  6. I did not have bhoora ,so I just  used some icing sugar [ you can use caster sugar with a pinch of cornflour.]


No comments: